Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Summer King Proofs

They finally arrived, hurrah! And Fedex didn't send them to Iceland this time. That's my weekend gone as they must be checked by Monday. Will be up all night again tonight. (Don't let anyone tell you that writing is a cushy job. Well, maybe for JK.) The good news is that I am off to the Tyrone Guthrie Centre at Annaghmakerrig for a glorious week where I can work away on The Light-Bearer's Daughter while being cooked for and looked after in a beautiful old mansion overlooking a lake. Yes, it is an artist's heaven on earth: www.tyroneguthrie.ie. Can't wait. Now back to the galleys. Nose meet grindstone. Ouch!

2 comments:

sandi said...

hi! I wanted to tell you that I picked up an "uncorrected proof" of your book The Summer King at the National Council of Teachers of English/National Writing Project meeting in Pittsburg last fall. I am a teacher and my favorite genre to read is YA fantasy. I LOVED the book. It is now up in my top 10 books of all time (with the Harry Potter books and the Giver)

Keep up the good work! I look forward to getting my hands on your other ones. ~sandi

OR Melling said...

Hi Sandi,
Thanks for your comments and also for your review of the book on your blog. (I popped over for a visit. Welcome to bloggerland!) The other book available in America is The Hunter's Moon. I'm actually rewriting the series and have just begun the new version of the third book.