Thursday, July 13, 2006

Author in the Wild

Yes, it's get-out-into-the-mountains-and-do-research time again! Here I am with a new hiking group. That's Gerry the leader behind me. That's me with the hair matching my shorts and jumper (I like to co-ordinate, even in the wilds). Behind us both is a hawthorn tree, also known as a fairy tree. We hiked seven hours around Lough Dan in the heart of the Wicklow Mountains, having danced till 2:00 a.m. the previous night. (Okay, I'm bragging.) Belated thanks to Eddie McGovern, fellow hiker and Cavan man, for this pic! The week before I was hiking in the Glen of the Downs with my friend, Victoria, and just yesterday I climbed the Powerscourt Waterfall with my sister, Pat. All these settings are in The Light-Bearer's Daughter which I am now re-writing like mad. Deadline date: August 15. Will she make it? Hmm.

No comments: