Monday, February 04, 2008

Dharamsala Here I Come

When talking with the Rinpoche yesterday (see blog), I suddenly realised that I have to go to India with him next year - he goes every year, also to Mongolia - because a young Tibetan monk walked into my book a few weeks ago. Since this young monk was reared in Dharamsala, like so many who are exiled from Tibet due to the Chinese occupation of that country, I really need to see where and how he grew up. Rinpoche suggested I attend teachings by His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, and of course that would be brilliant, too! And since I am going to India, I might as well travel south to visit my friends in Pondicherry and Auroville, Tamil Nadu. Oh, what an exciting thought! A new book is like a magic carpet. It takes you to exotic places within and without yourself.

No comments: