Sunday, March 23, 2008

Makanan Malaysia

Here's a link to Aiyah Nonya's blog: http://aiyahnonya.blogspot.com/. This is a cooking blog by a young Malaysian woman living in Singapore. She shows pictures of what she cooks and bakes and also gives the recipes. I am definitely going to try some of these. Mostly, however, I just like looking at the pictures and salivating, while reading about her efforts along with everyone else's comments. Baik-lah, Aiyah, dan yum! Of course I am popping this post into Bookmark because it is pertinent to my one (so far) realistic novel set in Malaysia. My Blue Country is out of print, but you can get it secondhand in various places (try a search). This also reflects on my new book, People of the Great Journey, as one of the characters is a Malaysian woman. Hmm, maybe she'll whip up a feast for everyone. (See how scenes happen when you are writing a book?)

No comments: