Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More Friary




It's been over a week since I got back but my heart and soul are still in Multyfarnham. Also, quite frankly, I am missing how much work I was able to do there, without the usual gazillion distractions. I was reaching a chapter a day even though some were as long as 20 pages, Now I am still on the same chapter I began on my return! I can't lose the impetus on this book. It's too complex and difficult. If I lose the thread, I'm lost in the labyrinth. The only solution: I'm off to the Tyrone Guthrie Centre next week for a week. That should get me back on track. This is the adult book, a work of "spiritual fiction." (Photo credit: Jessica Kelly, an artist who was at Multy on a previous residency. Have a look at her article on same: http://jessicakelly.wordpress.com:80/2008/07/16/a-new-initiative-the-friary-in-multyfarnham/. And here's an article by Ruth Lyons, another artist who was there: http://thegoodhatchery.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/living-in-a-friary-two-weeks-in-multyfarnham-by-ruth-lyons/.)

No comments: