Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Summer King in Germany

Just discovered that The Summer King or should I say Die Nacht Der Elfenkonige (Night of the Elven King?) is now out in Germany. Nobody told me - I'm just the author - but I checked on the Random House Germany site and there it was. It's always very exciting to come out in another country and in another language. The translator is different from the one who translated The Hunter's Moon (though I understand Anne Brauner is translating The Light-Bearer's Daughter) so fingers crossed she is as good. I heard back from several readers that the first translation was excellent. Here's the website if anyone wants to order: www.randomhouse.de/book/editionsearchresult.jsp?pat=OR+Melling&pub=1. It's also for sale on the German amazon. Danke!

No comments: