Monday, February 10, 2020

Talks, readings and Networking in India


Flying north from Bengaluru (old name Bangalore), I arrived in the ancient holy city of Varanasi (old names Benares, Kashi) for the week-long 144th International Convention of the Theosophical Society. There was also a cruise along the Ganges and a walk along the ghats. From there, I flew south to Chennai to visit Adyar, World Headquarters of the Theosophical Society and the Krishnamurti Foundation. And then further south again, to Pondicherry where I gave readings in schools in Auroville. Thanks go to Culture Ireland for grant support for this leg of the journey involving readings and networking.

 

1 comment:

Terry Findlay said...

Krishnamurti was a huge influence on me in the 70s. I was particularly impressed with his discussions with physicist David Bohm.