Tuesday, April 02, 2024

JAPANESE SPEAKING TOUR, MAY 2024

Flyer for my talk at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo. I'll be giving a PowerPoint presentation with lovely images of Ireland and some of Canada too! The 7 editions translated into Japanese by Kodansha Publishers are The Druid's Tune, The Singing Stone and the 4 books of The Chronicles of Faerie series - The Hunter's Moon, The Summer King, The Light-Bearer's Daughter and The Book of Dreams (in 2 volumes). My books include Irish, Canadian and American characters and are set chiefly in Ireland but with Canadian mythology and magic highlighted in The Book of Dreams. I'll be in Japan to give talks but I'll also be doing research on haiku and haibun and the use of creative technology in Kabuki theatre. As I'm there a whole month, I'll do a spot of travelling and sight-seeing as well, lucky me! Working away on learning Japanese. The 3 scripts are difficult - hiragana, katakana and kanji - but otherwise I'd say it's easier than Irish. #Japanese #Japan #Ireland #Canada #nihongo *Supported by Cultúr Eireann/Culture Ireland*
 

No comments: