Saturday, March 11, 2006

Annaghmakerrig Magic

Just back from the Tyrone Guthrie Centre where I got seriously going on the revision of The Light-Bearer’s Daughter. I picked apart the seams of the old version and inputted ideas for new scenes and deeper character development. Then I went in search of the flip chart which I used last year to outline the chapters for the previous book. (The outline helps me thread new story- and character-lines through the book.) I finally located the flip chart in the big music room and look what was on top of the page just waiting for me! Definitely a boggle. So I’ve taken him home to help me work, as no one in the house could say who had drawn it and indeed the chart had not been used since last year! Coincidence, you say? Not at all. It’s magic.

No comments: