Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back to Work (again)

I am finally back at work on the revisions to The Book of Dreams. It's over a month since I have even attempted to do this. I realize now that losing my annotated copy of the book had a much greater effect on me than I originally thought. Afterall, I had made notes up to Chapter 22 - almost halfway through the book! - and losing them meant I had to start all over again. An appalling prospect. But, in fact, it has been greatly helped by my listening to the CNIB/INCA (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) version of the book which is read by Irish-Canadian poet Lucy Brennan. Here's a pic of the two of us at a party which Kathy Stinson and Peter Carver threw for me when I was in Canada a while back. Thanks to Lucy, I am already up to Chapter 8 and I only started yesterday! Listening to her, I am actually enjoying my own work while busily scribbling away. You know, it's not a bad story. And what did I do all the time I wasn't writing? Well, I went quietly mad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will The Book Of Dreams be availiable in the US this time around?

OR Melling said...

Yep, that's what I am working on now. The American edition. The Light-Bearer's Daughter was just released today in the US - auspicious date, Bealtaine, May Day - and The Book of Dreams will be published next year, Fall 2008.

Anonymous said...

God I cant wait. I finished The Lights Bearer's Daughter the day it was released! I LOVED the tie ins with The Summer King! Cant wait for next year!!!!!