Monday, September 17, 2007

Second Tara Gig


In my other Blog I've mentioned the harpers' protest at Dáil Eireann this Saturday, September 22, at 3:00 pm, against the massive motorway that is being run through Tara of the Kings. I'll be there and hope to get a great pic. Now the day after that, Sunday, September 23, also at 3:00 pm there will be a fabulous protest at Tara Hill itself. Hundreds of people will be turning out to form the shape of a giant harp over the hill. I hope to be at that too! Famous Irish actor, Stuart Townsend, is organising this one along with the aerial artist John Quigley. Here's a sample of Quigley's work at the London Eye in England. Tara is, of course, a setting featured at the beginning of The Hunter's Moon and the end of The Summer King. Hmm, is it in any of my other books? The Singing Stone? Janey, I can't remember.

No comments: