Sunday, November 30, 2008

ALAN Panel People

Here I am outside a fabulous restaurant in San Antonio, Texas that is part of a hotel on the riverwalk called La Mansion Del Rio. From L to R is Jason Wells, Publicity Director at Abrams, me, and behind me, Daniel Kirk, author and illustrator, then Lisa Morris-Wilkey, who was the moderator of the fantasy panel I was on, and finally Michael Buckley, author. Daniel, Michael and I did the panel together at ALAN, a conference that takes place right after NCTE. It focuses on Young Adult books only. Up to 500 teachers and librarians attended and bigod, they are dedicated. Up early in the morning to be there for panels starting at 8:00 a.m.! (Side fact: the Irish President was at this restaurant just the week before, according to the very pleasant waiter. Don't know what she ate, but I had a giant scallop starter and Coq au Vin. Yum.)

3 comments:

sandi said...

Hi! I wanted to share a picture with you from NCTE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/childofthe80s/nov2182of365.jpg

It was nice meeting you.

OR Melling said...

Thanks Sandi. I'll pop over for a look. And it was great meeting you too! Hope you are recovered from the trip. I'm only human today. Jet lag nearly kills me.

OR Melling said...

Hi again, Sandi, I couldn't access that photo as I am not a member of photo bucket and don't want to join up. Will you email the pic to me? My contact email is on my website (avoiding bots here). I'll post it on this blog if you agree and if I don't look too awful!