Friday, January 26, 2007

Slovenian Edition

And look what arrived today. The Slovenian edition of The Light-Bearer's Daughter. These covers are quite different from the usual. (The one for The Hunter's Moon is somewhere in the Archives.) They accent the teen girl heroes instead of the faerie fantasy. It's interesting to see what is the chief element in different countries, i.e. fairies, landscape, character, magic or whatever. The Summer King is also out in Slovenia but I haven't got a copy of it yet. Will post when it arrives. I love getting these foreign editions. Quite thrilling even if I can't read them. (At least I know the story.) I've been giving my extra copies to the library as Ireland is now getting immigrants from all these countries. Oh, latest news. German is the next language up, hurrah. (Couldn't find hurrah in my English-German dictionary.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I CAN NOT wait for the Light Bearer's Daughter to come out in the U.S. I am so glad I found your books. I saw the cover of the Hunters Moons in my school library and something about it just caught my eye. I'm so glad it did! Your descriptions of Ireland have convinced me to move there in my later years of life. My family is Irish and I have always been intreasted in Ireland but your stories have light a fire deep inside me. I just want to say Thankyou.

OR Melling said...

Thank you for such a lovely comment. Did you manage to find The Summer King? It's already out in America. The third could be early May as both the publisher and myself made our deadlines for this one!